Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It has been a while. . .

So I am officially a merited employee for the state of Utah. But a lot of good that does me when I would rather be in graduate school. Currently I feel stuck in my life. I enjoy working at the hospital but I want to do more. I want to help more. I feel so restricted in trying to help. I feel like I am incompetent and con not do my job. Sure I am an awesome tech when it comes to doing groups and to charting and whatever else. But sometimes I feel like I can't do the job I came here to do.

Oh well. As for graduate school. I am not applying this year. I missed the deadline for the University of Utah and so did not want to waste the money to apply other places when the U is where I really want to go. So I will be in Provo for another two years. I really want to do social work. But once again I feel like I am stuck.

I have no social life. I almost never get to see my friends. Here is my typical day. I get up usually between 9 and 11. I then get ready. Mess around on my computer. If I have any errands, which I rare I do them. I may hang out with my friend Chris for a couple hours, which is rare now a days anyway. I then leave for work by 2. I work from 2:30 to 11. I then go home. Relax by messing around on my computer until like 2. and then go to sleep. Just about every day is the same. On Sundays I go to church, but I have to leave early to get ready for work. Mondays and Tuesdays are my days off. Even then most of my friends are working or too busy to do something. At the times I could spend with my friends they are so starved for time with their spouses that I feel horrible trying to hang out. I usually go shopping on those days.

I guess I feel stuck because I miss my friends. It is hard to make new ones because I work almost every evening. Although I did just make a new one. Shout out to Erin.

I like my job but right now I am considering a change. The only problem is finding a new job with good benefits and that pays the same or more. Which I am not likely to find. Oh well. C'est la vie. I will endure.

On a happier note. I finally got my stained glass hung in my apartment. I need to have a party now and play may millions of games.

Love you all,
Sarah

No comments: