Thursday, October 16, 2008

Friends and Libraries (completely unrelated)

First on libraries. . .

Honestly how hard is it to either check out a book or return it to the circulation desk. I hate trying to find something to use on a paper and being unable to get the book from the library. It is one thing if it were checked out because then I have some hope of getting it one day. But it makes me so angry when someone decides to hide it so no one else can use it. Come on people we are no longer in elementary school. We should know how to share.

Second on friends. . .

So don't you hate it when one of your friends decides that they no longer want to be your friend, but they have forgotten to tell you this. This results in you continuing to try to call them and see if they want to do something. Really if you don't want to do something with a person then just tell them to their face, "hey, you know I find that we are moving in different directions in our lives and I really don't want to be your friend anymore." How hard is that to say?

Constantly telling them that you are busy with homework does not cut. Because guess what? They know other people that know you, and these other people tell all about how the other night, when you were supposedly at home suffering from an over abundance of homework, you were actually out until 2 AM watching a movie and playing games with them.

Huh? How stupid do you think that I am? I got the clue the first time you said, "hey I'm busy but I will call you in the next couple of days to set things up," and then you didn't call. To be honest I gave you the benefit of the doubt that time so I followed through when you fell through the floor. I got "sorry, I am just swamped with homework, I will totally do something with you next weekend I don't have anything due." Next weekend rolls around and you are off gallivanting with your boy toy and other mutual friends.

Well this is to say we are through. You were one of my best friends, but if you don't care enough to maintain a relationship with a close friend, then so be it. If your boyfriend is more important than spending one night out of 30 with your best friend, then so be it. If your idea of hanging out is having dinner with twelve other people and interrupting me in mid-sentence after you were the one asking the question so that you can go talk to someone else that you can barely tolerate, then so be it. If you feel like your life would be better off without your best friend of over two years, then so be it. I am done.

Enjoy life, make the most of it, hopefully you will have friends in the future.

Love,
Jez

No comments: