Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Head Nod

So not going to lie, I have a bunch of guy friends, probably more guys friends than girls friends. I also hang out with them a lot. So the fact is I get to know them. And I mean really get to know them. I see and hear things they probably would not do or say around girls they were actually interested in. Which is great, don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy it. I prefer total honesty, plus what they do or say generally makes me laugh. Such as the following event.

One of my friends, who shall remain anonymous, has come to me multiple times for advice in the girl department. Usually he wants to know what a girl means when she does are says this or that. I will give him advice, but he feels that much of what I say he already knows. So I think he just wants confirmation from a girl that that is what he should do next. Well, the funniest thing that I think happens is when he and my other guy friends try and figure out what girls mean. There is this girl he is interested in and has asked out a couple of times, but he still has no clue about what she thinks about him. Today she gave him the dreaded head nod. Which is apparently a very guy thing to do, go figure. And the only time girls do this is when they are not interested because apparently it means, "I see you, I recognize you, but I am not going to make the effort to talk to you," in other words, "I am not interested."

This was news to me. I do the head nod all the time. Doesn't mean I don't think the guy is attractive or worth my time. But of course I do it when they are far away and there is really no way to talk to them. She did it right next to him after he waved and said hi.

Well she was not worth his time. I am sure he will find someone eventually, good luck, friend who shall remain nameless.

Love,
Jez

No comments: