Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's in a name?

As an explanation for why I chose the name and URL that I did.

First, a couple of years ago I used to keep a journal semi-religiously. Then I found writing too slow for my thoughts. So I began to keep one on my laptop. This too became too tedious. So I began to publish notes on social networking sites. But I found that there I could not really say all that I wanted because I risked offending people who I do care about, but who I sometimes needed to rant about. I need to do this somewhere in the public world that was visible to others but less visible than facebook. And so I created this blog.

Dithyrambic Ranting. . .

The URL for this blog is dithyrambicranting.blogspot.com. "Dithyrambic" generally means happy things such as boisterous, elevated, and euphoric. But to be more in line with the purpose of this blog I will look to another definition: "unrestrained." I will be expressing myself and how I feel about things openly and truthfully, without restraint.

This also serves as a warning. If you read my blog, they may be about you. Don't take it personally, I will use no real names. Also once I have written about you are most likely forgiven.
This is the only way I know how to express how people make me feel without hurting them.

Love,
Jez

No comments: