Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Male Persuasion

Is it just me or are men utterly confusing. I have a lot of guy friends and at the moment no boyfriend. I spend a lot of time with my guy friends. We watch movies, play games, go out for food, or just sit around and talk. I love it. But at the same time I hate it.

You see there is nothing worse then constantly seeing these great guys and being so frustrated that neither you nor them can find someone to be with. I spend tons of time with them. I have to say that they are pretty attractive. They are also great guys. And I find it so frustrating when they tell me about the dates they go on and the jerky girls that they meet. There are times that if I were to meet these girls I would have punched them in the face.

I am one of their only girl friends so they come to me for advice about girls and what we mean and how they know if we are interested. Half the time I have no clue what to tell them. I just know how I feel and how I would act.

But I find guys completely confusing just like they find girls that way. I have no idea what they are thinking. I know how they will react a lot of the time, but that does nto tell me what they are thinking. How the heck do you know if one likes you or not or is just being friendly. I find myself immediately doing a ring check everytime a talk to some guy on campus. And it seems that at least where I hang out all of the good ones are taken. I just want to find someone, just like everyone else. Sometimes I wish that God had told me who I was going to marry so it would not be to darn hard to find someone who I can be happy with.

I had someone who I thought would fit but our puzzle pieces did not quite match up. that was six months ago. I have not had a single date since then. All I do I go to class, do homework, and chill with friends. I have no idea where to even start. I am not one of those girls who goes out on a limb and asks a guy out. I was not raised that way. I also don't like rejection, but who does? Plus I am sick of trying so hard. (my ex was the laziest man I have ever met)

And that leads me to my predicament. I have no clue what a guy means when he does or says things. Am I too good at the sarcastic banter that men seem to love so much? I wish there were some kind of sci-fi-ish universal translator that could translate man talk into girl speak. Life would be so much easier.

Love,
Jez

No comments: